Job Profile: To provide care for the residents under the guidance and supervision of the Home Management, RGNs and Senior Nursing Assistants; and to undertake other activities to assist in the running of the Home as required.
1. To assist in the direct care provision of all aspects of the residents assessed needs, which may include washing, bathing, dressing and toilet needs, including continence promotion.
2. Respond promptly to call bells
3. Ensure privacy and dignity of residents is maintained and to respect residents and their possessions at all times.
4. To convey relevant information about the resident to the Senior / RGN on duty in order that the individual plan of care may be regularly updated and appropriate care given, paying particular attention to any changes observed in the residents physical or psychological condition.
5. Participate in essential Nursing Home cleaning duties.
6. Report any accidents or unexplained injuries immediately to the Senior / RGN on duty
7. Assist in activities within the Home
8. To act as a keyworker to a number of residents
9. To help in the serving of meals and drinks, including assisting residents in eating and drinking who are unable to do so themselves
10. Attend appropriate training programmes/courses as requested by the Manager
11. To help maintain a safe environment for staff, residents and visitors, through awareness of health and safety policies and by attending training as required.
12. Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Management, RGNs or Seniors from time to time, to ensure the smooth running of the House.
13. To attend staff and other meetings as requested
14. Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Home
15. To abide by all Trust Policies and Procedures in accordance with the Staff Handbook and Policy and Procedure File
16. Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and COSHH regulations, including the wearing of protective clothing and footwear.
17. Co-operate and maintain good working relationships with all residents and staff
18. Ensure all duties are carried out with due respect for residents privacy, dignity and choice and in compliance with Trust policies and statutory/regulatory requirements