Night Support Worker (Redmarley)
• Under the direction and supervision of Senior Support Workers and Team Leaders to assist in the provision of care and support of the individuals in our care within Stepping Stones homes.
• The teams operate 24 hours a day 7 days a week
• Day staff manage the hours between 08.00 and 20.00 Monday to Sunday and Night teams support between 20.00 and 08.00 Monday to Sunday.
CORE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Under the supervision of your Team Leaders and management, develop therapeutic relationships with the people in your care to implement positive interventions as stated in individual care plans.
• To feed back to the team and others involved in the care, information regarding any changes observed in the client’s mental state or social circumstances analysing any immediate risks and taking appropriate action.
• To use any petty cash monies needed for client activities in line with Stepping Stones policies and procedures.
• To deliver medication to clients.
• To participate in the mentoring of new staff.
• To maintain accurate records at all times.
• To plan and organise own daily work activities in an effective and efficient way under the supervision of Team Leaders and Senior Support Workers.
• To provide advocacy or links with advocacy organisations as appropriate.
• To promote opportunities for individuals to create and develop friendships with other citizens.
• To provide support for colleagues through the company as requested.
• Provide telephone/face to face support for people who may be in acute distress under the supervision of the senior practitioners.