Male Senior Support Worker (Redmarley)
To provide care, support and intervention to individuals who are experiencing an acute mental health/ psychological crisis. To assist Nursing personnel and Team Leaders to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual care plans.
• The teams operate 24 hours a day 7 days a week
• Day staff manage the hours between 08.00 and 20.00 Monday to Sunday (7 shifts over 2 weeks) and Night teams support between 20.00 and 08.00 Monday to Sunday.
CORE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Under the supervision of your Team Leaders and management, develop therapeutic relationships with the people in your care to implement positive interventions as stated in individual care plans.
• To feed back to the team and others involved in the care, information regarding any changes observed in the client’s mental state or social circumstances analysing any immediate risks and taking appropriate action.
• To use any petty cash monies needed for client activities in line with Stepping Stones policies and procedures.
• To deliver medication to clients.
• To participate in the mentoring of new staff.
• To maintain accurate records at all times.
• To plan and organise own daily work activities in an effective and efficient way under the supervision of Team Leaders and Nurse Team Leaders.
• To provide advocacy or links with advocacy organisations as appropriate.
• To promote opportunities for individuals to create and develop friendships with other citizens.
• To provide support for colleagues through the company as requested.
• Provide telephone/face to face support for people who may be in acute distress under the supervision of the senior practitioners.
• To be available to assist your Manager with out of hours support in emergency situations.