• Identify resident activity needs, abilities and wishes through assessment, observation and discussion.
• Liaise with residents, relatives, friends of residents and staff to ensure full knowledge of the resident’s likes, dislikes, interests, abilities and difficulties.
• Explore the most appropriate methods and resources for meeting activity needs, including group events, individual sessions, involving internal and external sources, and involving community-based resources.
• Plan a varied programme of activity within allocated budget based around the needs of the resident group using the identified sources in conjunction with the Home Manager and other colleagues.
• Advertise the planned programme in an appropriate manner which encourages involvement of all residents, relatives and staff.
• Provide activities based on the planned programme in a flexible manner, allowing for necessary changes.
• Retain written records of resident assessments, resident participation and activity evaluations in line with the Quality Manual.
• Maintain a portfolio of information, including the range of activities available within the Home and local community.
• Regularly review resident needs, the programme of activates and levels of participation, in conjunction with the Home Manager.
• Organise theme events as required, based on local holidays, traditions, etc., liaising with catering and care staff.
• Organise outings as appropriate, giving consideration to safety needs and staffing requirements.
• Participate in fund raising events as required.
• Some events may be outside your normal working day and it is expected that you would attend these as and when appropriate.
• Expect to undertake other such duties as may from time to time be required.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the field of caring for older people.
• The job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended to be exhaustive.
In addition to the above, there are some general requirements that apply to all jobs in the Home:
• Participation in staff meetings
• Participation in training activities
• Participation in quality assurance systems
• Compliance with Company Regulations
Company Regulations are the ‘rules’ or ‘standards and procedures’ that all staff are required to comply with.
What we can offer you:
Work placed pension scheme
28 days annual leave including bank holidays
Double time for Bank Holidays
Extensive Mandatory training programme
Specialist training as required
Cost of DBS VPTC/2018/595