Care and Support Worker
Care and Support Worker
Middleton House, Cheltenham
£8.03 to £8.28 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
35 hours per week – Including alternative weekends and may include nights
We are seeking a Care and Support Worker to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Middleton House and New Court provide high quality apartments designed to support independent living. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives and be part of a new dynamic service, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
The role of Care and Support Worker will include:
• Delivering a high level of care and support for service users
• Assisting and encouraging service users to access and maintain a level of integration into the wider community
• Providing care and support for service users to enable them to maximise their own potential and level of independence
• Working with service users and other staff members to ensure a clean and comfortable environment
Skills and experiences:
• Previous experience in a similar care-related role
• Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
• Strong organisational skills as well as functional literacy and numeracy
• Ability to react quickly to changing priorities whilst working to deadlines and targets
• NVQ 2 in Health & Social Care, or willing to work towards
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Retirement Living services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active, and independent lifestyles in their later years.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
• A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
• At least 28 days paid holiday (including public holidays) pro rata
• Life assurance
• Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
• Health and well-being plans
• A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
• Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work Scheme
• A wide range of learning and development opportunities
• The full time equivalent for the role is 37.5 hours per week