Home Care Assistants provide a lifeline for many lonely and vulnerable people. We help with dressing, washing, shopping, medication and housework as well as providing a sympathetic ear over a cup of tea.
Often, we as carers are the first people to spot a potential problem in the life of someone who doesn't have the resources to solve it for themselves.
With the backing of a great team, you could help to make an older person's life easier and more rewarding.
What can Bluebird Care offer you?
- Time to provide real care, and to get to know your customers - there is no such thing as a 15 minute visit!
- ALL working time paid! Contact, travel AND waiting time is paid at our hourly rate.
- Paid mileage
- Excellent rates of pay
- Local rounds with short distances to travel.
Regular, paid team meetings for each team of carers.
- An award winning, accessible, approachable and helpful office team who listen and then act.
- Shadowing and support from our specialist mentors
- Support to work through your Care Certificate
- Accredited training provided so experience is not essential
- Health Benefits package.
- Over five weeks of paid holiday per year.
- Pool cars for emergencies, although you do need your own car the rest of the time .
- We honour all pre-existing holiday commitments.
What do we ask of our Care Assistants?
- Kind, caring and patient nature
- Commitment to providing high quality, person centred care.
- Full driving licence and own vehicle
- Alternate weekend availability
We are currently seeking kind and caring people to provide morning and evening support in our Stroud, Stonehouse, Cam & Dursley and Cirencester teams:
Morning rounds: 7.00am - 2.00pm
Evening rounds: 4.00pm - 10.00pm
"I have worked for Bluebird Care Stroud and Cirencester for over 3 years now and I absolutely LOVE my job! I'm so well looked after, everyone supports everyone.
"I can't believe how much I take home! - getting paid for travel time and waiting time means I get paid way more that when I was supposed to be on £10 per hour contact time...
''The office staff will go out of their way to support me with anything I need. If you can drive and are in need of a job, be a part of our team!
For more information, please contact Sophie on 01453 757 937.
Alternatively, please simply press 'Apply' and we will contact you promptly!