Allsorts is a pioneering charity for families who have disabled children in Gloucestershire. We provide a welcoming and positive community where families can access opportunities, build friendships and find practical support. We offer a range of activities for children & young people aged 18 – 25 years with any disability, as well as for their siblings, parents, carers and grandparents. Activities include regular social clubs that provide short breaks for children and carers and a large range of sports.
We are currently looking for Support Workers to join our dedicated team.
The role of the Support Worker would be as follows:
1. Working closely with children, young people and their families to ensure that they experience a high quality of activity with Allsorts.
2. Working with small groups and 1:1 with disabled children and young people to provide them with the support they need to participate in social and recreational activities.
3. Listening to participants and their families to support individuals to get the most they can from Allsorts activities.
4. Working within and implementing Allsorts policies and procedures in any given setting or scenario.
5. Listening to and feeding back views of members to ensure that Allsorts activities are meeting members’ expectations.
6. Guiding and facilitating participation for a range of individuals, with a range of individual needs and preferences, including with non-verbal children and some with behaviour that challenges.
7. Working effectively within a team to provide a welcoming and friendly atmosphere and experience for members.
8. Being proactive in ensuring that all activities are safe and legal.
9. Contributing to monitoring and evaluation frameworks to track progress and preferences within activities.
10. Where appropriate training and support has been given, some administration of personal care, medication, support with eating and drinking, and positive behaviour management may be required.